Monday to Friday, friday finish at 1pm
To support expansion plans and increased commercial activity this well-established Laser company is looking to recruit a highly experienced innovative and enthusiastic Power Electronics Engineer to design and develop electronic power systems, whilst working within a busy multi-disciplinary engineering R & D team. The position will focus on the design, build and test of power electronics systems for high-power and high voltage, switched-mode power supplies from an initial design specification and oversee their implementation into production.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• You will be responsible for generating conceptual designs based on technical specifications for high- power and high voltage, switched-mode power supplies.
• Circuit simulation and optimisation.
• Design and simulate power electronics circuits including physical layout.
• Design interface, gate drive and control PCBs creation and verification of embedded control software.
• Assist in building of prototype power electronics and control systems and testing to verify simulation.
• Participate in the creation of functional specifications, and test procedures.
• Identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture.
• To review, update, alter or redesign current electrical items as defined/specified by the head of the Research and Development Team.
The successful candidate will need the following qualities and experience:
• Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
• Broad hardware (analogue and digital) electronic engineering design skills
• Good understanding of power electronics and ability to comprehensively understand customer requirements
• Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
• Analytical and conceptual capabilities
• Good written and oral English
• Confident in presenting to management and technical specialists
• Knowledge of the design of high voltage components (power supplies, DCDC converters, inverters, chargers etc)
• Experience in rapid prototyping systems, DOORS, Simulink, Matlab, Vector tools and a hardware design simulation tool.
• Liaising with Manufacturing, Quality team and Supply Chain team to understand current issues and help find solutions.
• Testing and development support of the product life cycle to ensure ongoing quality expectations.
• Project Management
The successful applicant will also be an analytical, organised thinker with the ability to work both alone and in a team environment, and have good time/project management skills.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.