To undertake full responsibility for all engineering/facilities activity across the site. The role requires management of all site infrastructure, buildings, machinery and maintenance and to provide a comprehensive engineering service to Production by way of responding to breakdowns, fault-finding and carrying out PPM according to the schedule also to support the Engineering Manager.
• Ensure faults are identified and rectified in a timely manner
• Provide a prompt response to all breakdowns.
• Undertake planned preventative maintenance as directed by Engineering Manager
• Participate in the installation of new machinery as and when necessary
• Ensure that all work are logged onto the CMMS system, target 80%of shift.
• Ensure all engineering documentation are completed in a timely manner
• Ensure tools and toolboxes are managed as per procedure.
• Recommend improvements to current operations to improve efficiency.
• Ensure that engineering spares are booked out on the CMMS system.
• Assist at times with the control of Contractors.
• Ensure all work stations i.e. tool rooms and workshops are kept tidy
• Fulfil administrative tasks and provide reports as required
• Mentor and assist Trainee Engineers
Hygiene & Food Safety
• Comply with the company personal/hygiene requirements and all company policies and procedures within the company and the department
Health & Safety
• To ensure, in conjunction with H&S, that all engineering work is delivered in a safe, managed and lawful manner and is complaint with all relevant legislation
• To adhere to lock off/tag off procedures are adhered to
• To promote a safe working environment by enforcing safe task procedures
• To ensure H&S rules and regulations are followed at all times
• Conduct regular inspections of the workplace and take immediate steps to correct unsafe and unsatisfactory conditions or procedures. Any such conditions or procedures need to be reported to the Engineering Manager.
• Comply with personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
• Play an active part in risk assessments
• Communicate with production and relevant departments to minimise the effect of downtime
• Communicate with Engineering Manager and other members of the Engineering department on a regular basis.
• Liaise with equipment manufacturers and suppliers in engineering matters as required for the successful operation of the plant and to disseminate information to Engineering, Production and Technical colleagues as necessary.
• Assist with a structured cohesive handover between shifts.
• Assist with project work as directed by your Engineering Manager and ensure that the project is completed and the outcome is reported back to the manager
• Ensure that paperwork is correct and up to date
• Read and respond to e-mails in a timely manner
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
• Be responsible for any ad-hoc duties as and when required
Skills and Experience
• You will be a proven Engineer with experience gained in a high volume, fast paced, manufacturing environment, within the food industry.
• Good communication skills to deal with internal and external customers
• Experience of working on a one to one basis and in team working situations.
• Imagination and creativity.
• A confident, proactive character with an ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
• A thorough understanding of food processing.
• Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office and other IT systems
Qualifications and Certificates:
• Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Qualifications to HNC level or equivalent.
• Will either be Tues - Sat or Sun - Thurs usually from 8am - 5pm but they will need to be flexible. They cover 10 hrs a day and work 5 shifts a week.
• Fluent English - both written & verbal.
• Flexibility to travel to all UK sites