My client is a leading manufacturer of mechanical equipment for the emergency services market and an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join their Operations Department.
You will be a key part of the supply chain function where you will assist in day to day purchasing activity managing this through the MRP systems and having direct liaison with technical engineering / manufacturing teams and external suppliers to expedite orders and ensure agreed supplier service KPI's. You will assist with minimizing costs of purchased goods, screen suppliers for quality and track orders from initiation to usage.
• Procure a range of materials, components and services.
• Supplier monitoring and development.
• Inventory and stock control as well as invoice reconciliation.
• Cost control and reduction.
• Ensure efficient stock procurement, in line with business requirements whilst ensuring material shortages do not impact productivity advising on lead times to relevant departments.
• Produce management information as requested by the line manager.
• Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships.
• Progress and chase orders ensuring timely deliveries and liaise with other departments to ensure that product supplies are affecting manufacture.
• Tracking orders and expediting parts etc.
• Placing orders against MRP recommendations & Non-Production requisitions.
• Generate and send order reports.
• Generate performance reports / KPI's.
• Liaise with Stores / Goods Inwards to manage Third Party Vendor stock movement.
• Review Safety Stock and adjust levels when necessary.
• Previous experience of working in a similar role (Buyer, Procurement Officer, Category Buyer, Technical Buyer) (Essential)
• Part or full CIPS qualified (Desirable)
• Experience of sourcing manufacturing goods and all types of materials including the likes of steel products, steel plates, tubes, fittings, flanges, castings, fabricated products etc. (Essential)
• Experience in inventory, stock control, invoice reconciliation, cost control and reduction (Essential)
• Proficient in supplier monitoring and development (Essential)
• Strong negotiation skills (Essential)
• Approachable / driven and passionate (Essential)
• Possess an understanding of MRP / ERP systems (JD Edwards is advantageous)
Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.