Workforce are recruiting for an experienced Instrumentation Project Design Engineer - offering a starting salary truly reflective of your experience, a 36.25 hour working week, Paid sick scheme, life assurance, access to stakeholder pension schemes - to work for our client in the West Bromwich area. Knowledge of Chemical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, PLC (Allen Bradley) design and programming (ladder and functional block) is essential.
Role and Responsibilities
• The ability to create and use/understand CAD drawings including all types of Electrical, Instrumentation drawings and P&ID's.
• The ability to design and program PLC (Allen Bradley) based systems using ladder and functional block designs, also knowledge of SCADA and HMI's.
• Full life-cycle management of instrumentation projects from design to commissioning.
• The ability to manage the modification of instrumentation plant via a management of change system
• Have experience working within the chemical process or other similar regulated industries. E.g. Pharmaceutical, Petro-chemical, Food, or Oil & Gas
• A good knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and continuous improvement will be highly beneficial.
• Experienced in working to ISO 9001 standard.
• Experience of and a good understanding of the instrumentation aspects of DSEAR/ATEX compliance.
• Sound knowledge of HSE requirements
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use of AutoCAD and Solidworks/Inventor as needed.
• Microsoft Office software.
• 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including A*-C: Maths, English and Science
• Appropriate education for the task - Mechanical Engineering
• Proven experience in a mechanical design role and/or knowledge of pressure vessels and other pressure related products
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1