Well-established second-generation family business have a great opportunity for a local person to further their career in a stable company which values loyalty. Offering a wide variety and scope of work including bespoke one-off prototypes, small batches or repeat orders for the manufacture of standard components. Due to steady organic growth they are looking for someone looking for long tern stability to join the small friendly team.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Read, interpret and understand technical drawing details
• Calculate positions & dimensions of drawing features using trigonometry
• Set, operate and machine components in a variety of materials (ferrous/non-ferrous/plastic)
• Conduct machining processes as required and directed by the line manager and drawing instruction
• Use suitable measuring equipment to establish correct fit and tolerance to drawing, specification and instruction
• Clean & maintain equipment, tooling and workshop environment (including sharpening tooling).
• Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and punctually
• Follow Health & Safety procedures (including wearing necessary Person Protective Equipment)
• Knowledge and experience of machining processes and application:
• Milling (turret mills)
• Turning (centre lathe)
• Bench tools
• Knowledge and understanding of technical drawings
• Ability to maintain tools and equipment to perform their functions safely and efficiently
• Knowledge and experience of inspection procedures and processes
• Knowledge of principles and practices of the workshop including housekeeping, manual handling
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.