Workforce are recruiting for an experienced Shift Plant Manager - offering a starting salary circa 30,000 DOE, a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern, 10 hour shifts between 08:00 - 18:00 - to work for our client in the West Bromwich area. You will be joining one of the UK's largest manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals. The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in Chemistry or Engineering, with some experience of line management in fine or pharmaceutical or polymer chemical manufacture.
Role and Responsibilities
• Ensure production and quality targets are met in a safe manner and take actions to ensure that the processes operate to budget.
• Be actively involved in maintaining plant operating efficiency, safety and environmental standards.
• Be responsible for effective staff allocation, training and discipline.
• An understanding of essential engineering requirements of a chemical plant is desirable
• Knowledge of quality and environmental management systems, manufacturing equipment control systems and COSHH in a chemical manufacturing environment.
• Excellent planning, communication and people skills.
• You will have a practical approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail, with the ability to work under pressure.
• IT literacy and commercial awareness are desirable skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Microsoft Office software
• Appropriate education for the task such as Degree etc. - Mechanical or Chemical engineering.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1