Field Service Engineer
Salary: Competitive rate of pay + benefits
My client who is one of the UK's largest distributors of heavy equipment is looking for recruit for a home-based Field Service Engineer to join their operations based in the West Midlands.
You will be reporting to the Redditch Office covering the Midlands as part of the company's on-site presence, ensuring that all their products are maintained in line with the service schedule, and ensuring that any breakdowns are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
• Attend machine breakdowns at customer sites and effect repairs to ensure minimum machine down time.
• Carry out scheduled servicing of machines at customer sites.
• Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines and carry out repairs as necessary.
• To ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and on time.
• Ensure that service reports, time sheets etc are completed correctly and submitted on time.
• To carry out any other general duties within the capability of the post holder, that may be requested from time to time by management.
• Apprenticeship in Construction Plant Maintenance and Repair or relevant experience in heavy construction equipment (Essential)
• Knowledge of auto-electrics; engines; transmissions; hydraulics and pneumatics (Essential)
• Ability to diagnose faults on heavy construction equipment and carry out repairs (Essential)
• Proficient in fault finding and diagnostics (Essential)
• Able to work under pressure and on own initiative without supervision (Essential)
• Self-motivated and able to work to very high standards (Essential)
In return you will be receiving a competitive rate of pay, and after a qualifying period, you will be eligible to join a generous Pension Scheme. My client will also provide a Company Van for business purposes only and 22 days holiday including shutdown at Christmas.
You will be working as a part of a cohesive and friendly team playing a pivotal part in the way things are done.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.