• Responsible for operating the separator and taking care of heaters and alarms, running Billets to the scrap hopper.
• Responsible for operating the direct horizontal extrusion press in accordance with standard operating procedures and the safe systems of work aligned to the equipment.
• Responsible for the Management of the Hard Tube Storage ensuring a continuous flow of tube to # 2 IIID.
• To read, monitor and act upon computer data via the control console.
• Responsible for cutting to length the logs from the cast ensuring that there is a constant flow of billets to the billet heater and to move logs including the removal of scrap as and when required.
• To maximize production and manufacturing efficiency at all times to assure quality, through put and the achievement of targets.
• To be able to work in all areas of the Press as required.
• To provide additional support and/or temporary replacement of a team member.
• Effectively communicate / liase with Maintenance and Supervision in order to report faults.
• Completion of necessary paperwork including S.P.C, Inspection check sheets, Production data and handover documentation.
• To work to the highest level of Health and Safety and Environmental standards.
To carry out any such other duties as may be reasonably required