World renowned privately-owned precision engineering company trading globally, supplying precision machined components, fabrications and assemblies to leading OEM's in the aerospace, defence, marine, power generation and nuclear markets, demonstrating an impressive health and safety culture. Operating from facilities in the UK, the company specialises in engineering solutions utilising core competencies including, complex machining and fabrication of super alloys, supply chain management expertise, specialist finishes and assemblies, all fully integrated and supplied to customers' requirements.
To work within the Safran Aircraft Systems Cell and produce precision machined components to customer and quality specified tolerances using best practise modern methods. To contribute to the team and help to develop and maintain best practices.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Working within the SAE manufacturing Cell
• Working as a team to maximise machine utilisation
• Working to structured manufacturing plan
• Responsible for setting and operating of 5 Axis Turn Mill machines
• Responsible for quality output
• Responsible for Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM)
• Capable of using measuring equipment such as Micrometers Vernier caliper's height towers shadow graphs CMM etc
• To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
• To set and operate machines in line with production plans
• To meet section targets for Productivity and Quality
• To work as a team player to support the SAE Cell achieve required output
AS A PERSON YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
• Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with various stakeholders
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined
• Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
• Open to new experiences, responsibility and accountability
• Able to get on with others and be a team-player
• Attention to detail and accuracy at all times
• Working to Deadlines
• Professional approach to dealing with queries internally/externally
• Excellent communication skills
• Managing workload effectively; prioritising where necessary.
Apprentice trained - Preferred or Demonstrated relevant experience
Minimum 5 years' experience in the Aerospace / Automotive or similar Industries
Working to production time lines in a manufacturing environment
Working with SOP's and Company specific documentation
•Competitive salary and shift allowance
% Pension contribution from the business
•Perk Box membership
•Holiday increase in line with length of service
•On the job training
•free car parking
•Safety glasses - and Bi annual eye tests
•Good transport links - close to motorway access
•What do you feel makes you the employer of choice within a competitive market? What can you offer to candidates looking to join?
•All of the above and a company Polo shirt :)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.