Workforce are recruiting for a CAD Technician - offering a starting salary of 29,000 - 32,000 DOE and an 08:00 - 17:00 working day- to work for a small local bespoke Architectural Metalwork company in the Coventry area. You will be taking the reins of all design work for this company and will have the ability to work on a variety of projects and scopes.
Role and Responsibilities
• Using Structural Detailing software such as Autodesk Advance Steel.
• Progress drawing projects, including design/modification sign-off as required.
• Previous experience in a fabrication environment or strong fabrication knowledge is essential.
• Provide customer support when needed.
• Undertake site visits when needed.
• Understand alternative materials and production methods, have technical, practical and scientific knowledge.
• To be able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs to express creative ideas.
• To be able to produce clear, concise written reports.
• Be comfortable to explain ideas and technical data to colleagues who may not be from a technical function within the business.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use Autodesk Advance Steel
• Microsoft Office software.
• 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including A*-C: Maths, English and Science
• HND or higher in Engineering - Mechanical, Civil or Structural
• Previous Fabrication experience.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.