A leading independent manufacturer and supplier of meat & poultry products to the food markets and retail sectors are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join their in-house Maintenance function.
Salary: From 38,000 - 41,000 p.a. + Pension
As Maintenance Engineer the successful candidate will provide a pro-active approach to the prevention of equipment failure and ensuring the appropriate schedule PM is carried out as planned.
• Carrying out work assignments always issued by the Maintenance Manager whilst maximizing effectiveness of the shift .
• Following all work instructions, procedures, and job descriptions at all times.
• Resolving mechanical/electrical problems in a timely fashion.
• Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required to maintain the required standards.
• Ensuring all parts are removed from stores whilst on shift and are booked out of stores in the correct way.
• Identify and analyse problems before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up.
• Working closely with production teams whilst liaising QA, Logistics and Warehouse as required.
The successful candidate for the position of Maintenance Engineer will:
• Be a time served apprenticeship
• Be electrical bias
• Three years' work experience within a manufacturing environment is essential
17th edition qualification
• Desirable skills - PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature, instrumentation, welding and FLT license holder
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.