An exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager with knowledge of plant maintenance to join a new state of the art Service Centre in Wellingborough.
As a part of the Service Centres Leadership Team and reporting the Group Operations Director, this role will focus on leading the Service Centre team across the site which will comprise of 4 direct reports and 39 indirect reports.
The role will also work closely with the Plant Maintenance Manager and 4 Technicians with regional support from the Groups Head of Engineering.
Major / Key Accountabilities:
* Effective ownership, participation and implementation of our Health, Safety, and Environmental systems in support of the wellbeing of all our employees and stakeholders.
* Effective ownership, participation and implementation of our quality policies, procedures and accreditations in support of our customers. Including improving customer touch points, audits and support of their requirements to ensure RCI is a supplier of choice
* Achieve production and efficiency targets in line with our business/site KPI's
* Create a working environment with an engaged and enabled team with our behaviours and values clearly evident through your leadership style to deliver business objectives.
* Production plan delivery through local resource planning and productivity
* Involved in an implementing change and improvements using available tools including Risk Assessments, root cause analysis, 5S, and facilitating improvement activity using Kaizen and DMAIC approach
* Monitoring and reporting of CI metrics including plant efficiency, Near miss, product flow compliance
* Experienced in Health & Safety compliance and improvement initiatives
* Ideally worked in a quality/customer focused environment and familiar with quality-based standards.
* Experienced in lean based/CI operational role would be an advantage.
* Experienced in team and individual leadership across a multi shift environment
Skills & Knowledge:
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Numerical skills and an eye for detail.
* Pro-active, self-motivated and determined approach.
* Quality Principles
* Proficient with MS Office suite; Word, Excel, Email etc.
* IOSH Health & Safety
* Six Sigma Green Belt or Continuous Improvement (CI) / Lean certification