Workforce are recruiting for a Steel Material Handler - offering a starting hourly rate of 8.55 raising to 9.23 after the training period - to work for a Steel Processing company in Dudley. You must be available to work on rotating day shifts during the 8-12 week training period and then work on a permanent night shift thereafter. This is a great opportunity to work for a company with good opportunities to progress within the department.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Loading and unloading vehicles of steel products.
• Movement of products between machines and steel stores.
• Packing products onto pallets and wrapping for dispatch.
• Be able to work from Production Paperwork.
• Operation of Forklift Truck and Overhead Crane
• Counterbalance Licence required.
• Overhead Crane experience would be advantageous.
• Previous experience working on nights advantageous.
• Be comfortable working in a team
• Have a very high attention to detail.
• Be reliable, hardworking and able to work under pressure.
Initial hours of work during the training period with be a rotating day shift pattern working between 06:00 - 14:00 Monday - Friday then 14:00 - 22:30 Monday - Thursday with a 19:30 finish on Friday.
You will then be working a permanent night shift: Sunday 20.00-06.00 - Mon -Thurs 22.30-06.00 total of 37.5hrs per week
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1