Job title: Functional Safety Engineer
Salary: 60,000 p.a.
Hours: Monday - Friday
A well-established global manufacturer of one of the world's most prestigious motorcycles are looking to recruit for a Functional Safety Manager. Working as Functional Safety Manager you will be responsible for working closely with the Electrical Design team to ensure that all electrical systems meet or exceed ISO26262 requirements.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Lead and support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle. Application areas include but are not limited to Engine management systems, Chassis systems such as ABS, Electronic suspension & body control modules, HMI systems and cyber security.
• Create and maintain formal documents, including safety cases.
• Develop best practice working procedures to support functional safety activities.
As Functional Safety Engineer you will need the following qualities and experience:
• Educated to degree level in an Engineering / Science based subject.
• A detailed understanding of ISO 26262 edition 2 and based on this, the ability to lead the implementation within Triumph.
• Ability to generate formal documentation to a high professional standard.
• Ability to conduct and review Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments (HARA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) etc.
• Previous experience in a functional safety role working in accordance with a relevant international standard (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508).
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.