A professional precision machining company working within aerospace, oil & gas and other sectors is currently recruiting for a Quality Inspector / Engineer to join their team.
The Quality Inspector / Engineer will have the responsibility of ensuring all quality issues are adhered to.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Perform all 1st off inspections
• Carry out First Article Inspections Reports (FAIR)
• Have experience using CMM (Aberlink), Video Cameras (training can be provided) and all conventional measuring equipment
• Undertake all final inspections
• Carry out in-process inspection
• Contact customers with any drawing queries
• Be responsible for the Quality Assurance
• Have a good appreciation for Aerospace procedures and quality issues
• Have a general knowledge of common plating processes
• Calibrate all measuring equipment
• Use MRP system on a daily basis.
• Carry out corrective actions
• Organise all paperwork for dispatch including dispatch notes, certificate of conformity, mill certs
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• Qualifications: Time served apprentice, ONC or equivalent (Essential)
• Problem solving and innovation (Essential)
• Working within Sub-con machine shop (Advantageous)
• Willingness to help the team to achieve good efficiencies (Essential)
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills with all levels of the business - both internally and externally (Essential)
• Ability to work unsupervised and part of a team (Essential)
• Work proactively (Essential)
• Extensive experience in manufacturing (Essential)
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.