Job Title: Lead NPI Engineer
Location: Coventry, Stratford up-on Avon, Solihull
Salary: 45,000 - 48,000 p.a.
A well-established global leading tier 1 supplier into the automotive industry who specialise in the design and manufacture of internal components. As the Lead NPI Engineer you will be responsible for effectively managing New Product Introduction, meeting all project requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
• Organise, coordinate and manage PIM (Product Introduction Management) teams for specified projects to meet the company objectives.
• Generate timing plans (Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis) and conduct regular reviews with other members of the Company to monitor progress against plan for new product introduction programmes.
• Ensuring IATF16949 and other industry standards adherence.
• Liaison with internal colleagues and those across the group Companies to facilitate smooth new product introduction and report on all aspects of new product introduction as per company procedures.
• Promote the adoption of good professional standards of work by all engineers based on sound, accepted engineering principle and practice.
• Keep abreast of technological developments relevant to the manufacture of automotive instrument packs.
• Assist the Projects Manager to develop systems and procedures within PIM to effectively assign, monitor and control project work within the department.
• Assist the Projects Manager to develop manufacturing processes for new products that fully meet all requirements for capability, capacity and cost.
• Co-ordinating & ensuring all pre-volume deliveries meet the customer expectations in documentation, quality and delivery & ensure proof of delivery for cost recovery.
The successful candidate for the Lead NPI Engineers position will have the following:
• Experience of working with automotive Customers, particularly JLR would be advantageous.
• A logical approach to problem solving with an ability to work well under pressure.
• High level of proficient written & verbal communication.
• Experienced and confident in liaising with suppliers and customers.
• Proven track record in specification and procurement of equipment in fast moving manufacturing environment.
• Totally conversant in NPI and AQP and its associated requirements.
• Must be organised, efficient & regimented.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.