• Writing NC programs and liaising with cutting tool suppliers.
• Implementing customer specific processes including NC programs, fixtures and cutting tools on machining centres.
• Prove-out of NC programs for customer components
• Optimising programs to achieve agreed quality levels and cycle time.
• Running SPC capability studies to achieve machine sign off for pre and final acceptance.
• Training of customers in operation of their machine.
• Create process methods and time estimates.
• Support customer demonstrations and trade fairs.
• Ability to write NC programs from customer part drawings.
• NC controls experience essential (Siemens / Fanuc).
• Experience in metal cutting processes and cutting tools.
• Technical knowledge and troubleshooting of machine mechanics and hydraulics.
• Operation of 4 and 5 axis machining centres (Siemens/Fanuc).
• Experience of CAD/CAM/post processors.
• Ability to interpret mechanical component drawings and tolerances.
• Understanding of SPC methods and interpretation of inspection protocols.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Flexible to work overtime as required.
• Willing to travel for periods of time away from home in UK and abroad.
• Must be a team player, good communicator and self-motivated.
• Good MS office skills.
• Well organised admin skills.