Main purpose of the role:
To set and operate & edit programs for the full range of machine tools within the machine shop, and to aid with other areas of manufacture as and when required. To support and assists in the completion of all components through flexible working and active participation on all work associated and linked to the cell structures of the machine shop, so they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Actively participate as a team member within the department, whilst providing support to all associated areas of operation. Including routine maintenance checks.
* Provide support and guidance to other employees, including the training of new employees on all aspects of the machining process, including safety, in order that the machine tool can be operated in a safe and efficient manner.
* Maintain technical standards at all times, and demonstrate the capability and willingness to produce, edit, prove out and improve CNC programs without supervisory or Production Engineering support.
* Maintain quality and accuracy of the machined product by carrying out checks and inspection by using the full range of available equipment.
* To produce components within the agreed standard time, and at all times looking to aid and suggest improved alternative methods of manufacture.
* To maintain the machine tool set-up by carrying out the necessary changes to compensate for tool wear and when necessary replace cutting tools, such as tips etc. To aid with pre-setting and tool build up procedures as and when required.
* To show flexibility within the machine shop, and to show full flexibility across shift requirements.
* To set and operate the majority of machine tools within a cell, and/or with minimal training be willing and capable of operating all machines within a cell.
* To offer ideas and suggestions for continuously improving the process you are involved in.
* To supervise shifts not normally covered by a supervisor and also provide cutter grinding service when necessary.
* Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
* Ensure safe working practices and all H&S policies are adhered to at all times.
* Proven experience of setting CNC Machine tools.
* Manage & adjust machine tool offsets as required.
* To edit Fanuc based programs as necessary.
* Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings
* Ability to use measuring equipment
* Ability to produce products to Gardner Denver quality requirements
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
* Understanding of Health & Safety in the Workplace
* Working to lean practices and techniques
* To write new Fanuc based programs for machine tools.
* Working with / machining large parts (up to 2000KG)
* Working with / machining complicated iron castings.