We are working closely with a large, local and highly successful global manufacturing business, located in central Redditch. Due to increased company demand, the vacancy for a full time permanent Mechanical Fitters/Testers has been created, this role would suit individuals that have extensive Mechanical Fitting/Testing experience, gained from a large manufacturing organisation preferably. Ideally you would be available to start immediately or within a short working notice period.
* Joining of pipes using brazing and soldering techniques.
* Assembly and joining of pipes up to 32mm diameter for compressor sets using connectors such as Parker and Swagelok.
* Joining of pipes using flanges and couplings up to 4 diameter.
* Assist with general assembly of compressor sets and packages.
* Manipulation of copper, stainless and finned pipes (4-38mm) using cold bending techniques.
* To ensure health & safety requirements are maintained at all times
* Adhere to Quality Procedures
* Work in a lean environment, while adhering to general '5S' and good housekeeping.
* Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
* NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering or recognised equivalent or time served apprenticeship
* Ability to pick compressor components
* from storage locations
* Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings
* Ability to use pipe bending equipment
* Ability to produce products to Gardner Denver quality requirements
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
* Understanding of Health & Safety in the Workplace
* Working to lean practices and techniques
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.