We are looking for a lead toolmaker to assist us in our busy toolroom.
• Must be able to produce tooling for press and progression press tools for small 6 tonne presses, 40 tonne presses and occasionally 80 tonne presses.
• Must be fully conversant with multi stage progression tools used in 40 tonne and 80 tonne roll feed presses.
• Would be required to offer design input on new tooling, or tool redesigns.
• Would be required to trouble shoot multi stage progression tools and press tools when there are issues.
• Must be able to produce jigs and fixtures.
• Must be conversant with all toolroom machines, including CNC millers and CNC surface grinders.
• Must have high attention to detail.
• Must have previous experience of multi stage progression tools fault finding.
• Would be required to mentor less experienced toolmakers and apprentices.
• Would be required to assist other toolmakers with tooling issues and fault diagnosis.
• Would need a good team attitude.
• Work is approximately 75% servicing and repairing of existing tools, and 25% new tooling.