Salary: c33,000 - 36,000 per annum
My client is one of the world's leading heat exchanger manufacturers, with ISO 9001:2015 certification and a UK manufacturing plant. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the quality department based at their site in the West Midlands.
Quality Engineer Role Overview:
As the Quality Engineer you will be required to manage and maintain the ISO9001:2015 quality management system. You will also be required to maintain quality procedures, processes and documentation in relation to the quality management system.
Quality Engineer Specific Skills and Experience:
• Experience in managing and maintaining the ISO9001:2015 quality management system (Essential)
• Knowledge of the implementation of ISO9001:2015 (Essential)
• A solid understanding of manufacturing processes and shop floor practices (Essential)
• Proficiency in goods inward and despatch inspection (Essential)
• Conversant in utilising measuring equipment (callipers, micrometers, gauges) (Essential)
• Proficient in understanding technical drawings including GD&T (Essential)
• Experienced in utilising 8D, 5why problem resolution methods (Essential)
• Conversant in successfully resolving internal, supplier and customer rejects through utilising root cause analysis / corrective and preventative actions (Essential)
• Experience in carrying out internal and supplier audits (Essential)
• Appreciation of CNC machining, assembly and testing processes (Desirable)
• Experience of using CMM or Faro arm (Desirable)
• Computer system literate excel, work, power point, standard industry packages (Essential)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.