Our client are a renowned manufacturer of pressed products and springs to the aerospace industry. They require an experienced Press Toolmaker for their busy operations.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Design and manufacture tools to enable the production of presswork with hand presses, bowers and power presses (Essential)
• Maintain tools to ensure continued production to drawing (Essential)
• Assist with the production and maintenance of tooling for CNC machines (Essential)
• Ensure adherence to stringent quality requirements and processes (Essential)
• Work in collaboration with the production department to get the tooling set up for manufacture (Essential)
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• A sound experience of Press Toolmaking able to build new, modify and repair press tooling (Essential)
• Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings (Essential)
• Good knowledge of CAD packages (Essential)
• Use of conventional machining and cutting equipment such as millers, lathes, grinders etc.
• Able to use EDM wire eroding machins effectively (Essential)
• Experienced in range of materials in a tight tolerance environment (Essential)
• Aerospace Industry experience (Advantageous)
• Positive can do attitude (Essential)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.