Job title: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: up to 39,000
Hours: Weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sundays) 6am - 6pm
I am currently recruiting for a market leader of advanced materials development and production. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work a weekend-based shift. As the Maintenance Engineer you will be required to install, repair and service a variety of plant-based equipment.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Maintain and service all machinery; including mechanical and electrical aspects.
• Install and commission equipment and machinery electrically, pneumatically and mechanically
• Troubleshoot faults with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in a wide variety of situations
• Sourcing and re-working of parts for compaction presses, centreless grinders, surface grinders, kilns, compressors, ball mills etc.
• Troubleshoot faults with control gear and PLC systems
• Monitor and execute PPM of numerous machines and plant such as compaction presses, centreless grinders, surface grinders, kilns, compressors, ball mills etc..
• Carrying out other property / facilities / maintenance duties as required; including monitoring, setting and maintenance of the heating, water and lighting systems
• General building maintenance (changing light bulbs, emergency light testing, etc..)
• Troubleshoot basic IT problems such as loss of connectivity
• Monitor and execute Planned Preventative Maintenance on various systems within the building such as annual inspection and testing of all electrical systems
The successful candidate will need the following qualities and experience:
• Electrical bias ideally with 17th edition (Essential)
• Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems
• Conversant with control gear and PLC systems (especially Mitsubishi and Siemens)
• Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
• Knowledge of manual handling
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.