Our client in Stourport is looking for a Skilled Machinist to join their team:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
* Machinist with experience in using general machine shop/tool room equipment eg; Centre Lathe, Milling Machine and other associated tool room equipment.
* Some knowledge of Grinding - surface/cylindrical would be advantageous (but not essential)
* Ability to work independently or as a team member
* Produce parts from drawings.
* Understanding the need to meet deadlines
* To inform the Team Leader or Production Manager immediately of any problem occurring during production.
* To maintain a clean, organised working environment which conforms to the relevant Health & Safety and environmental standard.
* To adhere to Company regulations, rules and procedures.
* To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
* To be committed to and champion a strong EHS culture on site. Ensuring that all Operational staff are competent, adequately trained and supported to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
* To develop a strong culture of near miss reporting across all staff to assist in driving improvements to the site safety performance.
* Maintain a robust internal control environment in order to comply with local regulations.
* A site Champion for the 'Think Safe' initiative and personally lead the development of our safety culture across all locations in the company.
* To be committed to the Group-wide ethics and compliance programme; ensuring a common approach to doing business the right way and adhering always to the core elements of the programme - values, policies/guidance, training/education and compliance risk assessment.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
* Toolroom experience
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and be able to work as a team.
* Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
* Be able to work to deadlines.
* Good basic computer skills - data input into IFS.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Performance Driven, Responsive and self-motivated
* Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with colleagues
* Pro-active and 'Can-Do' attitude
* Willing to learn and complete external certified training courses if appropriate.