Our client are a distributor and manufacturer of household, cosmetic and health and safety products. They require a Production Supervisor for their busy operations on the 2pm to 10pm shift.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• To ensure that all staff are on the line ready promptly for the start and end of each shift (Essential)
• Ensure staff work to required KPI's and ensure production run efficiently to a maximum level effectively to required works orders (Essential)
• To ensure all departmental paperwork is completed correctly and on time (works orders, label and change sheets, output sheets etc) (Essential)
• Notify line setter and movers at least 1 hour before the end of the current job to allow preparation of the next works order (Essential)
• Ensure department and site health/safety and security are maintained and adhered to (Essential)
• Ensure the line leader keeps lines clean and tidy (Essential)
• Attend monthly meeting with the production manager to discuss KPI's (Essential)
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• At least 3 years previous manufacturing supervision or management experience within a fast moving environment (Essential)
• Able to manage teams of colleagues up to 40 operatives (Essential)
• An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills (Essential)
• Knowledge of production of health and safety, cosmetics, household or chemical industry (Advantageous)
• Previous expertise of mentoring, training staff (Essential)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.