Quality Control Supervisor
Salary: 23,000 per annum
Shifts: Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday - Friday (7.00am - 5.00pm)
A leading global FMCG client who specialise in the growing, packing and marketing of fresh produce from all over the world are looking to recruit for a Quality Control Supervisor to join their quality department based in Greenford - London.
You will be responsible for the day to day functioning of the Quality Control team along with the training and development of individual and new team members.
Quality Control Supervisor Responsibilities:
• Ensure that 'Quality Manual' and 'Good Manufacturing Practice' is maintained.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving BRC, TFMS, HACCP and Operational Hygiene and Safety practices.
• To implement Positive Release Systems from the Pack House, to lead the team using excellent communication techniques and team meetings.
• Assess methods of Positive Release to improve, H&S, quality, output & cost reduction.
• To measure and record all operation KPI's onto the business data capture system, ensuring all practices are conducted within the business technical parameters.
• To monitor the conditioning, grading, packing and quality through to final delivery to ensure that customer specifications are strictly adhered to. Actioning/ reporting non-compliances.
• To ensure all products meet the appropriate temperature regimes within positive release.
• To maintain appropriate documentation as set out in the Company Quality Assurance Manual.
• To be aware of the Food Safety Act and its implications.
• To attend and participate in QC team meetings and monitor training needs for the QC team.
• Responsibility for the QC team in the weekly rota and holiday/sickness approval
• To lead and monitor the team ensuring the correct staffing levels are in place to cover
Quality Control Supervisor Key Requirements:
• Possess a qualification in a Food Science, Horticulture or Agriculturally based discipline (Desirable)
• Experience working in a food / FMCG production environment or agricultural / growing environment (Essential)
• Previous experience of working in a Quality Control (QC) role (Essential)
• Conversant in working to Q.C. procedures (Essential)
• Flexible regarding location and working patterns (Essential)
• Proficient in operating in accordance with Health and Safety / food hygiene policies (Essential)
Workforce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.