Workforce are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter - offering a starting salary circa 24,600 DOE, a 38 hour working week, 33 days holiday, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and stakeholder, 10 hour shifts between 08:00 - 18:00 - to work for our client in the West Bromwich area. You will be joining one of the UK's largest manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter.
Role and Responsibilities
• Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work.
• Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
• Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
• The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
• The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
• Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.IT literacy and commercial awareness are desirable skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
• Ideally you would also have training with MEWP's, Abrasive wheels, Welding equipment and Confined Spaces.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1