Opportunity to join this renownd presswork business for automotive, aerospace and other industries, and also offer a range of services including Tool Making and CNC Machining. Based just outside of Birmingham city centre minutes from the Aston Expressway in a modern purpose-built 20,000sq-ft factory. We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic CNC Operator/Programmer to operate and assist in the continuous growth and development of our modern CNC machine workshop.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting directly to the machine shop manager, role responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for performing operational functions using a variety of CNC Machining Centre's (Mikron) and manual machines.
• Setting, operating and manufacturing a variety of small components.
• Manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
• Use of a wide range of measuring equipment to check components after manufacture.
• Maintain a safe working environment whilst following Health & Safety Procedures and Policies at all times.
• Demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
• Proactively identify & make recommendations for improvements.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in CNC Operations and programming. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Experience using Solidworks in a CNC machining environment would be advantageous.
• Skilled use of CNC Heidenhain controls, Edge Cam and Autocad
• Conversant in engineering drawing practice.
• Strong communication skills.
• Punctual & Reliable
• 33 days holiday per annum
• Pension Scheme
• On-Site Parking
Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering Technical and Manufacturing sectors from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent so if you know anyone why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.