Job title:Capstan Setter Operator
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Capstan Setter / Operator
• Running the Capstan/turning section
• Setting and operating of Ward capstans
• Producing engineering fasteners studs from drawings in various grades of steel.
• using roller box tooling to ready the parts for thread rolling or to a specific diameter for thread cutting.
• Using a Fete thread roller on the capstan.
• Using grinding technique to produce the relevant tooling.
• All work is signed off by QC manager.
• Setting the tangential thread rolling machines.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
• In the manufacturing of fasteners (nuts/bolts/studs) used mainly within the Oil/Gas/Power Station/Sub Sea industries
• Turning and screw cutting
• Drilling and boring
• Working from drawings
• Responsible for making test pieces for new projects
• Quality checking
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.