Successful applicants must have strong interpersonal skills, familiar with transport industry practices and professional standards, have some previous experience in compliance administration, computer experience particularly using Excel and customer service experience.
Transport/ logistics experience within a similar role essential.
Duties will include daily coordination of a busy logistics team, liaising with various departments in particular production.
Managing Health & Safety expectations, focusing on minimal errors and customer impact, driving efficiencies and working with the leadership of the business to drive continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
• Work closely with the Transport Manager to ensure continued efficiency
• Support the day to day running of a busy Logistics / Distribution area
• Liaise with production and transport department throughout the day in regards to delivering customer orders
• High levels of communication with other departments and external transport company
• Strong administration skills and computer literacy
• Providing daily analysis to management and completing targets boards daily
• Support change in a logistics environment
• People management skills i.e. 1:1 meetings, disciplinaries, return to work interviews etc.
• Apply 5S procedures within the department
• Consider cost factors to work practices
• Ensure high levels of HS practices at all times
• Address hours needed for productivity and assign employees where applicable
• Conducts safety or training programs for employees where needed
• Assists in completing back to work interviews as needed.
• Establish and encourage a strong teamwork culture within the department