Job title: Materials Planner
Salary: 26,000 - 28,000 p.a.
Hours: Mon - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm
Friday 7.30am - 1.30 pm
I am recruiting for a client who are a global leading supplier of manufacturer of high performance fasteners, sealing, precision engineered components. They are currently looking to recruit for a Materials Planner, as the Materials Planner you will be responsible processing orders, raising production paperwork and ensure effective routing.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• To process orders with an engineering element. Raise production paperwork and ensure the most cost-effective routing, paying particular attention to quality and lead times.
• To keep abreast of both internal and sub contract capability and capacity to enable customer delivery expectations to be consistently achieved.
• To maximise profitability by improving planned routing wherever possible and minimising waste of materials, transportation and labour.
• To maintain always a professional but friendly working relationship with all suppliers and colleagues within The Group.
• To assist the sales department (as required) in completing quotations for jobs that are expected to have an engineering element.
• To liaise with all other departments to expedite the intended workflow and help resolve quality and logistical issues.
• To assist in the development of new suppliers of both raw material and sub contract machining, and the expansion of the approved supplier list.
FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
_At least 3 years' experience - Essential
_Experience in a similar position - Essential
_A can-do attitude and a good attention to detail - Essential
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.