Job title: Sliding Head Programmer
Hourly: 11.50 - 13.50 per hour + over time
Hours: Mon - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm
Friday 7.30am - 1.30 pm
I am recruiting for a client who are a global leading supplier of high performance fasteners, sealing and precision engineered components. They are currently looking to recruit for a Sliding Head Programmer, As the Sliding Head Programmer you will be responsible for setting and operating Sliding Head Lathes.
Day to day duties will include the following:
• Conduct 5S, safety, and housekeeping audit every day as per company procedure, recording results on 5S audit record as appropriate. Ensuring compliance to these standards.
• Ensure you are compliant with the filling in of the job traveller paperwork with each job, and any other operational documentation.
• Report data as required for operational monitoring and all aspects of production quality to positively affect the right first time performance through the department.
• Positively influence accident prevention, productivity/efficiency improvements, achieving specified quality levels and standards.
• Setting and operating five Citizen Sliding Head machines - A32/L32 models
• Producing components to required tolerances and quality standards, right first time
• Finishing components to the highest quality standards
• Identifying and recommending programme amendments to improve efficiency and/or quality
• Making authorised amendments to CNC programmes to meet component design requirements.
• Maintain quality and safety standards by adhering to procedures and regulations.
FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 3 to 5 years demonstrable experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
• Have extensive experience in a Sliding Head machining environment with knowledge of modern technology and up to date manufacturing techniques.
• Demonstrate appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
• Possess business systems, IT skills, computer skills.
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.