Workforce are recruiting for a Cladding Design Technician - offering a starting salary of 30,000 - 35,000 DOE and shorter working hours on Fridays - to work for our client in the Dudley area. You will be joining a company in a period of growth and be a part of an expanding Design team. Your role will be to design cladding systems for a range of buildings for some of the largest construction companies in the UK.
Role and Responsibilities
• Using AutoCAD design a range of cladding systems.
• Using 2D and 3D software such as AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of various cladding systems (curtain walling, rain screen, patent glazing, shingles etc.) is essential.
• Ability to convert between 2D and 3D easily and extrapolate drawings from 3D modelling.
• Knowledge of BIM would be advantageous.
• Progress drawing projects, including design/modification sign-off as required.
• Have knowledge of structural loads and building physics when designing product solutions.
• Provide customer support when needed.
• Understand alternative materials and production methods, have technical, practical and scientific knowledge.
• To be able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs to express creative ideas.
• To be able to produce clear, concise written reports.
• Be comfortable to explain ideas and technical data to colleagues who may not be from a technical function within the business.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use AutoCAD 2D and 3D as required.
• Microsoft Office software.
• 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including A*-C: Maths, English and Science
• HND or higher in Engineering - Mechanical, Civil or Structural would be advantageous.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1