Workforce are recruiting for an experienced Design Engineering Supervisor - offering an impressive package including: a starting salary of 35,000 - 40,000 DOE, a profit related bonus scheme, BUPA Healthcare, Company Pension and an early Friday finish - to work for our prestigious client in the Wolverhampton area. You will assist the Engineering Manager in delivering technical support and managing projects.
Role and Responsibilities
• To ensure project packs - drawings, technical specifications etc; are checked and signed off for release
• Project management including the monitoring and reporting of project progression
• Develop products/product groups within project scope
• Undertake 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (Inventor [optional]) drawings as needed
• Undertake technical representation in meetings with clients and suppliers as needed
• Maintain cost controls on projects under his/her control
• Site meetings and works as required
• Basic sheet metal knowledge, bending, welding etc.
• Basic concrete knowledge, grades, reinforcement etc.
• Basic process/manufacturing knowledge - the understanding of buildability.
• Understanding of the Manual of Contract Document for Highway Works (optional)
• Design Manual of Roads and Bridges (optional)
• National Highways Sector Schemes (optional)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use of AutoCAD and Inventor as needed
• Microsoft Office software.
• Microsoft Project (preferred)
• 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including A*-C: Maths, English and Science
• Appropriate education for the task, may include Degree, HNC etc - Mechanical, Civil or Structural.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1