• Checking fabrication work against drawings to ensure correct prior to final weld.
• Arrange for any errors to be reworked - this can be co-ordinated with line manager if necessary.
• All correct work checked against drawings to be marked as passed.
• All passed work to be maneuvered down the workshop using overhead cranes to welding areas.
• Follow health and safety regulations.
• Work in a tidy manner paying attention to housekeeping.
• Completion of relevant documentation and time sheets.
• Filing of all relevant documentation
• Any other reasonable request that may or may not be directly related to the job role as indicated above but falls within the capabilities of the job holder.
• Help and advice to fabriction personel.
Knowledge and Experience
• An understanding of the industry is essential for this role
• Good communication skills are essential.
• An individual who is articulate and pays attention to detail is essential for this role.
• A relevant qualification is extremely desirable.
• Reading and correct interpretation of workshop drawings.
• The ability to maneuver heavy objects on a regular basis and dexterousness are essential to this role.
• Diligence and attention to detail are essential to this role.
• The need to work in a safe manner and wear correct protective wear as instructed or provided.
Key Skills and Behaviours
• The Ability to work without supervision but also understanding you are part of a team, being prepared to assist in other areas when requested.
• Flexibility; a willingness to multi skill, 'get stuck in' and adapt to changing demands and plans.
• Communication skills, excellent attendance and time keeping plus the need to understand and follow instructions accurately are vital to this role in order to meet production deadlines.
• Organizational skills are crucial to this role