Workforce are recruiting for an experienced Design and Production Planner/Manager - offering a starting salary of 40,000 - 45,000 DOE - to work for our client, a Steel Fabrication company in the Wolverhampton area. You will be assisting in the managing and coordination of the three areas of the business; design, manufacturing and site operations.
Role and Responsibilities
• Monitoring the production of detailed design and managing the delivery of projects, including project specific programmes, information release, key design coordination schedules and manufacturing schedules.
• Assessing and pre-empt project constraints that may affect the overall programme on multiple projects at a time.
• Reporting weekly to the Directing Board and Managing Director in relation to delivery issues and programme updates.
• Liaise between various departments and coordinate all aspects of the Design Team including Design schedules, manufacturing, and construction on site.
• Ensure site Health & Safety standards are adhered to.
• Ensure compliance of quality standards and processes through site visits and audits.
• Attend pre-start meetings, and design team meetings as required.
• Produce operation and programme co-ordination management information and reports for the Directing Board.
• Undertake and lead engineering / programme queries and provide solutions when required.
• Monitoring contractual design, manufacturing, site responsibilities and effectively manage related risks.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with Clients (customers), Main contractors and Architects etc.
• Commercial awareness and reporting as required.
• Business development plans.
• Site visits providing additional support to site personnel.
• Logistical Co-ordination
• Team Briefings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D Design software such as Auto CAD, Frame CAD, Revit or Tekla/TEDDS is advantageous.
• Microsoft Office software.
• 5 GCSE's or equivalent, including A*-C: Maths, English and Science
• Appropriate education for the task - Structural/Mechanical/Civil Engineering
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1