Due to continued expansion our client is looking for a Contracts Manager to oversee the delivery of landscape construction projects, with values ranging from10k - 600k. You will have a strong commercial capability and be required to manage employed staff, reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Manager. The works will be predominantly soft landscaping but experience of hard landscaping/minor civil works would be an advantage.
This is a role that would suit a keen graduate looking to get on the management ladder and grow into the role, or alternatively someone who can bring broader management experience.
* Taking responsibility for high profile contracts ensuring work is carried out to the specified standards
* Undertake such works around the Midlands and Central Region
* Co-ordinating labour, equipment and materials on a day to day basis to ensure efficient productivity levels are achieved
* Responsibility for ensuring works are delivered on programme and to budget
* Carrying out site visits and liaising with the Senior Contracts Manager, site agents, and clients throughout.
* Have an understanding of how to interpret architects drawings
* Ensuring motivation and discipline is maintained within the teams
* Ensuring the Company Health and Safety policies are rigorously adhered to
* Accurate completion of required documentation in line with the Company procedures
* Previous experience in Landscape Contracting preferred but not essential. Construction industry experience will be considered.
* You would need to be experienced in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
* Driving Licence
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with clients, management and all other members of staff
* Hold relevant CSCS card
* Flexibility in approach to working hours may be required to start early or work later in line with the operational needs of the business
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.