Workforce are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician - offering a starting salary of 30,000 - 40,000 DOE and the chance to work in a very busy Design team on a variety of high value bespoke projects - to work for an architectural metalwork company based in the Birmingham area. It is important to have applicable design experience working on Advance Steel designing structural and architectural metalwork, including projects involving; Staircases, Balconies, Balustrading, and other forms of Secondary Steelwork.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Using 2D and 3D software ideally Advance Steel and AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of detailed Architectural fabrications is essential.
• Be able to manage a number of projects at the same time.
• Ability to create and break down architectural and structural assemblies into engineering drawings ready for fabrication/installation.
• Understand material properties and production methods, have technical, practical and scientific knowledge.
• To be able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs to demonstrate creative ideas surrounding the Customers' requirements.
• Be comfortable to explain ideas and technical data to colleagues who may not be from a technical function within the business.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use AutoCAD and Advance Steel as needed
• Microsoft Office software.
• Knowledge and experience in architectural metalwork.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1