Workforce are recruiting for a Mechanically biased Maintenance Engineer for our prestigious client in Tipton. This is perfect for a candidate looking to work for a successful engineering firm who have secured work for the foreseeable future. Job security, good pay, overtime and bonus when required along with working with a close team, are large selling points for this job opportunity.
3 shift rotation, successful candidate will be required to do mornings, afternoons and nights Job Detail:
To provide maintenance and breakdown support in a highly pressurized environment
to following steel making process and equipment:
• Electric Arc furnaces and Gas Fired Furnaces
• General Site Electrics (Industrial)
• Overhead Cranes
• Conveyor Systems
• Elevator Systems
• Automated Packing Systems
• Pumps, motors, fans and drives
• Hydraulics and Pneumatics
• HV Electrics and Transformers
• Site Services
The position also involves supporting the preventative maintenance programme and continuous improvement of all areas of the plant. Working alongside shift Electricians within a 3 shift rotation.
• Completed engineering apprenticeship with a minimum City and Guilds (or equivalent)
• 3 years proven experience within a multi-skilled maintenance environment
• 17th Wiring Regulations Certification desirable
• Ability to work mechanically essential
• Knowledge of the steel making and heat treatment industries
• Working knowledge of steel abrasive processing and technology
• Knowledge of Gas Combustion Systems
• Previous experience within a heavy industrial bias preferred
• Specialist training in some of the following desirable:
1.Electric Arc Furnaces and gas-fired Rotary Furnaces
2.PLC control systems
3.Overhead Crane Maintenance
4.Maintenance of Pumps, Motors, Fans and Drives
5.Welding and Oxy-Burning
• Good oral and written skills in order to prepare reports and manage any other related communications
• The ability to apply new theories
• Analytical and proactive approach
• Good problem solving skills
• The ability to communicate at all levels, in any given situation
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
• The ability to work at heights
• The ability to work as part of a team or on their own initiative
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.