Workforce are recruiting for an experienced Estimator - offering a starting salary of 20,000 - 25,000 DOE plus benefits package, 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays and an 08:30 - 16:30 working day with an early finish on Friday - to work for our client in the Walsall area. You will be the main point of contact and be responsible for providing effective, accurate and timely quotations / estimations in accordance with customer requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
• Strong experience within the broad engineering solutions sector as well as experience in Tender / Quote compilation (preferred).
• The ability to work to demanding deadlines and manage conflicting demands and various tasks simultaneously.
• Strong commercial knowledge and cost awareness.
• Excellent PC skills -Microsoft office essential and MIEtrak (or similar CRM)
• Ensuring all quotations are dealt with in a timely manner
• Ensuring all quotations are submitted in line with agreed contract schedule of rates whilst maximising profitability
• A sound manufacturing knowledge of tube bending / laser cutting, flatbed laser, press brake.
• Developing strong relationships with customers both internally and externally
• Liaising with Engineering, Purchasing and Production to create a scope of works for each job
• Contacting suppliers to gather costings for materials and parts
• Preparation and issue of detailed technical quotations for products and services
• Maintain records of quotations
• Answer queries from clients and staff relating to products and pricing
• Evaluating supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers
• Following up with suppliers concerning order status and to communicate delivery information with all departments
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Use of MIEtrak CRM is desirable.
• Microsoft Office software.
• Strong commercial experience preferably within the engineering, tube manipulation sector.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help. Manu1