Get NEW JOBS like these
by email as they go live.
Opportunity to join this renownd presswork business for automotive, aerospace and other industries, and also offer a range of services including Tool Making and CNC Machining. Based just outside of Birmingham city centre minutes from the Aston Expressway in a modern purpose-built 20,000sq-ft factory. We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic CNC Operator/Programmer to operate and assist in the continuous growth and development of our modern CNC machine workshop.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting directly to the machine shop manager, role responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for performing operational functions using a variety of CNC Machining Centre's (Mikron) and manual machines.
• Setting, operating and manufacturing a variety of small components.
• Manage time effectively to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
• Use of a wide range of measuring equipment to check components after manufacture.
• Maintain a safe working environment whilst following Health & Safety Procedures and Policies at all times.
• Demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
• Proactively identify & make recommendations for improvements.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in CNC Operations and programming. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Experience using Solidworks in a CNC machining environment would be advantageous.
• Skilled use of CNC Heidenhain controls, Edge Cam and Autocad
• Conversant in engineering drawing practice.
• Strong communication skills.
• Punctual & Reliable
• 33 days holiday per annum
• Pension Scheme
• On-Site Parking
Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering Technical and Manufacturing sectors from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent so if you know anyone why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.
CNC Operator (Nights)
c£25,000 per annum + shift allowance c£6,000 per annum
My client who is a global manufacturer and supplier of precision engineered components are looking to recruit an experienced CNC Operator with solid turning experience to join their quality department.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company and build on future opportunities within their growing business.
To be considered for the CNC Operator role you will possess the following:
• Completion of an approved apprenticeship or equivalent (Desirable)
• Experience in operating turning and milling machines (Essential)
• Proficient in setting / operating across multiple areas in the section (Essential)
• Conversant in the use of Quality instruments and equipment to validate work (Essential)
• Demonstrates good understanding of engineering drawings and can produce to specification (Essential)
Workforce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.